You will work in a team of architects who are project based and able to embed themselves in development teams when necessary. You have a passion for delivery backed up by sound technical skills and experience and realise that successful delivery requires ownership and responsibility.
Reporting into the CTA you will work in/with cross-functional feature teams to deliver innovative gaming solutions to enrich our platform. The games are high-volume and payout millions of pounds in prizes every day so you will need experience of developing on a high-volume transactional platform and have a passion for games and technology. Among your many attributes you are self-starter who is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment and you have a strong desire to learn. You will be a test-infected polyglot hands-on architect who has a track record of owning and delivering scalable and maintainable architectures.
- Delivery of new games and features across our international and B2B websites.
- Delivery solutions using Java and other technologies where appropriate.
- Sound communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Able to mentor and 'grow' individuals working on your projects.
- Ensure your team(s) meet your sprint commitments.
- Collaborate with others to deliver the best possible solutions- e.g. Producers, Designers, Architects, Statisticians.
Key Skills: Essential
- Solid core Java experience with solid OO.
- Messaging/Integration – ideally ActiveMQ/Camel.
- Spring IOC/JDBC.
- At least one mainstream RDBMS.
- AS3/HTML5 experience or desire.
- Ability to pick up additional tasks outside the core specialism of Java to meet team commitments is a must.
- Experience of Linux command shell.
- Experience of RDBMS alternatives.
- Appreciation of probability or Gaming experience.