We operate a sophisticated member due diligence process (referred to as ‘Know your customer’ or ‘KYC’), which uses both automated and manual methods to verify a member’s age, identity and source of funds. We were one of the first operators in the industry to implement real time verification checks on all our members back in 2004. Our KYC process is fundamental to our integrity system, and an important component of our age verification and anti-money laundering policies and practices.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or gamble on our websites. We take the issue of underage gambling extremely seriously and we actively seek to prevent any underage member from playing for real on our websites. Our marketing materials, warnings on our websites and terms and conditions all make it clear that underage gambling is illegal.
In order to ensure that minors do not play, we require all members to record their name, address and age on registration and we verify this information in real time at the point of the members attempted first deposit.
Only members who are successfully verified can play our games for real and if this check is incomplete members must complete secondary checks to successfully confirm their age before playing.
We do not seek or invite account registrations from underage or vulnerable members and is active in seeking to ensure that such members are identified at the point of entry and prevented from playing or, in the case of problem gamblers, given a variety of tools to help control their play as well as the contact details for professional organisations that may be able to help them.
We strongly advise our members that if they share their computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register and place bets on our site, to download the following third party applications that offer parents and guardians facilities to monitor and restrict the use of the computer’s access to the Internet: www.icra.org, www.netnanny.com or www.cyberpatrol.com
We want all our members to enjoy playing their favourite games and gamble responsibly. We advise all our members to consider the following messages:
• Always decide beforehand on a time limit for your playing session and stick to it. Within that period ensure that you take regular breaks from playing.
• Never gamble if it interferes with your daily responsibilities.
• Never gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
• Never gamble if your primary aim is to recover losses.
We believe our duty is to ensure that appropriate information and self help controls are provided to members to allow them to regulate and control their gaming activity.
Member- led deposit limits – all members are encouraged to set deposit limits. Members can limit the amount they deposit either on a daily or weekly basis. In accordance with standard industry and GamCare regulations, we require at least 24 hours notice from the member before increasing any daily limits and at least 7 days on any weekly limits.
We are proud of our commitment and approach to responsible gaming. We have developed a strong working partnership with GamCare, the leading industry support and self-help charity and has been accredited with its Certification award. The GamCare Certification is awarded to organisations that have successfully implemented the ‘GamCare Code of Conduct for Remote Platforms’. GamCare has commended Gamesys on its approach to responsible gaming and confirmed that our websites maintain the highest levels of responsible gaming standards covering staff training, underage verification, deposit limits, self exclusion and referral links to self help organisations.
For further information on the GamCare Certification process please click here.
We support The Responsible Gambling Trust and make a donation annually. The Responsible Gambling Trust co-ordinates and funds research into the prevention of problem gambling and offers support for problem gamblers. For more information visit www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk
• The Gamesys group holds a number of gambling licences from leading jurisdictions which enable us to provide our award winning games to members, in a safe, trusted, fair and regulated environment with the highest levels of member protection.
• The Government of Gibraltar has granted a licence to Gamesys (Gibraltar) Limited to operate under the provisions of the Gibraltar Gambling Act 2005.
• The Government of Spain has issued Gamesys Spain Plc with a licence under the provisions of Spanish Law 13/2011 (gaming regulation).
As the UK’s leading online Instant Win and Bingo operator we take great pride in providing the best online games to our members. All games are extensively tested and reviewed by the operating companies before release.
The outcome of all game results are determined by our Random Number Generator (RNG) to ensure fair play and honest payouts.All games have clear and concise game rules which are easily visible and where appropriate payout tables are displayed within the respective game console. We conduct a daily and monthly audit to ensure all individual games perform within the expected bounds of appropriate gaming performance.
We are bound and compliant with the European Data Protection Directive 94/46/EC in respect of the handling and collection of your personal information.
Our licensing companies are PCI compliant ensuring the highest level of personal payment card data are assured.
We employ world class security systems to protect member financial and personal data, and as such our operating companies are ISO27001:2013 certified.
We use software encryption to ensure staff members cannot access sensitive member data, including account passwords and payment card numbers / data.
We hold all member funds in separately managed bank accounts which are safeguarded independently of the group’s corporate funds, under the terms of a Trust Deed.
We aim to work with leading suppliers in all areas of our business including our card and payment transaction payment service provider partners. All transactions are securely processed by WorldPay, Barclaycard, DataCash and PayPal, the global leaders in online payment processing.
We take seriously our legal obligations regarding money laundering and handling the proceeds of crime, and seek to exceed regulatory requirements and all other relevant industry codes of practice. We have clear responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure that policies, procedures and controls are established and maintained, which deter criminals from using our facilities for money laundering and ensuring our websites remain free from crime.
We believe our staff are our greatest asset. As part of the new joiner introduction process, all member facing staff are made aware of the groups Responsible Policy through a series of classroom based role play exercises, online tutorials and theory based testing. The training and support programme is designed as a continual process that is aimed at the raising the awareness levels of responsible gaming issues and providing real member experiences and any updates with industry related and regulatory initiatives and campaigns.
Our Member Service team provides a 24 / 7 service and receive annual GamCare training to ensure they are experienced and trained in all aspects of handling responsible gaming related queries.
All our UK advertising is strictly controlled to ensure that we fully adhere to the Gambling Industry Code for Socially Responsible Advertising which is governed and administered by the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP), the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (BCAP), and adjudicated upon by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).
We ensure that our advertisements:
• Are legal and not misleading;
• Are socially responsible as described in the CAP and BCAP rules;
• Do not exploit children and other vulnerable persons in relation to gambling activity; and are not specifically or intentionally targeted towards people under the age of 18 through the selection of media, style of presentation, content or context in which they appear.
There are many organisations that can provide help and support to individuals who develop a problem with gambling. If you feel that you may have a problem controlling your gaming we strongly recommend that you contact one of the following professional organisations for help and guidance.
Our members can view our Responsible Gaming Policy and access the deposit control tools through the My Account section of their accounts.
• GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Contact GamCare on free phone 0808 8020 133 or by visiting www.gamcare.org.uk
• Gamblers Anonymous (UK) – Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to share their experiences, try and solve their common problems and thereby help others to recover from gambling problems. Gamblers Anonymous can be contacted on 020 7384 3040 (UK only) or by visiting www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
• Gamblers Anonymous International Service Office – If you live outside the UK this organisation provides details of your nearest local participating Gamblers Anonymous support group. Please visit www.gamblersanonymous.org for further details.
• GamBlock – If you wish to refrain from gambling we strongly advise you to install gambling website blocking software such as GamBlock. Please visit www.gamblock.com
We aim to provide all members with a first class member experience and service at all times. We want our members to be entirely satisfied with the service they receive from us. If at any time you have cause for complaint you can contact our trained and experienced staff 24 hours a day, 365 days a year using any one of three simple ways; Live Chat, email or telephone.
We have a clear and transparent complaints policy which allows members who feel their complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily by our internal Member Support team, to further progress their complaint to the licensed operator of the website. We ensure that all complaints are dealt objectively, fairly and reasonably.
We always seek to resolve complaints internally, but there may be instances when we cannot reach an agreeable solution. At this point members have the right to further escalate their complaint to the next stage by making an official complaint to our regulating bodies (please refer to the website terms and conditions for further details).